Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Iframes are tricky because it’s not completely clear how it should be indexed. Regardless of how it works “now”, I’d try to be as explicit as possible about what you want to have happen (eg, want it indexed? put it in the page, John Mueller on Twitter
- It’s not a replacement for a disallow in the robots.txt, links are tricky b/c there are many ways to reach a page. If you absolutely don’t want something crawled, block crawling; if you don’t want it indexed, then use noindex, John Mueller on Twitter
- It’s still pending resolution – I with (& thought) this would move along faster. Sorry about the delay!…, John Mueller on Twitter
- Microsoft Q3 Revenues up 14pct to $30.6 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- You could do that. That said, AMP uses responsive design techniques, so these pages would also work on desktop.…, John Mueller on Twitter
Search Engine Land Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice
Programming Note: I am offline for Passover, this post was written on Thursday, April 25th and scheduled to be posted on Friday, April 26th.