Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Google June 2019 Core Update, Domain Diversity Update, DailyMail Slammed, Rich Results, Bing Bribes & DOJ
What an insane week, we first recapped the changes over the last month with Google for webmasters. We then talked about the big Google June 2019 core update that began rolling out on Monday…
- Bing: Our Organic Results Not Influenced By Microsoft Advertising
Just like the Google speak around how what you spend with Google Ads has no influence on your Google organic results – Bing is the same. Bing’s Frédéric Dubut said they to do not allow what you spend with Microsoft Advertising (former Bing Ads) to influence your organic rankings in Bing.
- Google Change Restricts Two Listings From Same Domain For Most Search Results
Google announced last night, as I covered in detail at Search Engine Land, that they released another update earlier this week that finished rolling out yesterday. This update restricts how many times a search results listing can show in the Google search results for most queries.
- Google Organic Results Merging Local Knowledge Panel For Branded Queries?
The folks in the Local Search Forums are noticing that Google is now blending or morphing the organic search results interface with the local knowledge panel interface for branded queries – so when you search for that specific brand.
- Google Women’s World Cup 2019 Logos
Google has launched its Women’s World Cup 2019 Doodles, home page logos, with a series of Doodles designed locally by many different artists.
- SMX Golden Tickets
Here is a photo or two of the chocolate bars the SMX team gave out at the last session at SMX Advanced. Two golden tickets were given out at the end of the day, the winners got a free pass to an SMX
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Choose which conversion actions to bid for at the campaign level, Google Ads Help
- Google Files Appeal Against $1.7 Billion EU Antitrust Penalty, WebmasterWorld
- Google to Acquire Analytics Firm, Looker, for $2.6 Billion, WebmasterWorld
- When I look, anecdotally, at sites impacted by the last three core updates, I see what looks like a pattern of incremental refinement. Google rolls out a substantial change (or dozens of changes) and then adjusts based on the, Dr. Pete Meyers on Twitter
- User declared canonical for 404ed page is homepage?!, WebmasterWorld
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice