Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Search Buzz Video Recap: Bing Machine Learning & Crawling Changes, Google Search Console Updates, Advertiser Poaching & More
This week, Bing told me that 90% or more of their core ranking algorithm is done through machine learning and AI. Bing also increased their URL submission tool from 10 URLs per day to 10…
- Weird Looking Google Search Analytics Charts From Search Console
Over the past couple of days, some SEOs have been sharing some unusually looking charts from Google Search Console’s Search Analytics report. It shows negative numbers, charts that don’t connect, numbers that are off, etc. John Mueller from Google event replied.
- Google’s John Mueller Can Send Personalized Messages Through Google Search Console
Ari Nahmani posted on Facebook (public URL) a message he got for one of his clients in Google Search Console that is unique. It is directly from John Mueller, the same John Mueller we cover here, about a critical and urgent issue with their web site.
- Bing Increased URL Submission To 10,000 URLs Per Day. Bing Moving Away From Crawling?
Yesterday Bing announced at SMX West that they have increased the ability to submit URLs to their search engine by 1,000X from 10 URLs per day to 10,000 URLs per day. They also said this is a fundamental shift in how search engines discover content and reduce crawling of web sites.
- Daniel Waisberg Joins John Mueller & Google Webmaster Team As Search Advocate
Daniel Waisberg, the analytics guru who joined the Google Analytics team in 2013 as the Analytics Advocate at Google is now switching jobs within Google to work with John Mueller and the Google Webmaster Trends team and Search Console team.
- Google Black History Month Doodle For Sojourner Truth & Desktop AMP Stories
Today on the Google.com home page is a Doodle for Black History month for African-American abolitionist and women’s rights activist Sojourner Truth. When you click on the Doodle, you get the option to see an AMP Story on desktop, not just on mobile – which may be new.
- Construction Woman Posts Photos Of Work At GooglePlex
Looks like Google is doing some work at the GooglePlex area, their main headquarters in Mountain View, California. Here is a construction worker who posted some pictures of a job she did that she is p
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
Search Engine Land Stories:
Other Great Search Stories:
Industry & Business
Links & Promotion Building
Local & Maps
Mobile & Voice